Tick Twister Remover Hook for Dog (4pc/set)
Tick Twister is the safest and easiest way to remove ticks.
The Tick Twister removes ticks attached to the skin of dogs, cats, horses, and people. It Completely removes the entire head of the tick leaving no mouth parts left behind. The twister doesn't compress the abdomen of the tick, minimizing the transfer of infectious agents (Babesiosis, Lyme Disease, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, etc.).
The Tick Twister is excellent for hospital, groomer and kennel use as well at home for the pet owner. The tick remover is also excellent for removing ticks on people.
Removes ticks from the skin of dogs, cats, horses, and people
Completely removes the entire head of the tick without squeezing abdomen, reducing risk of infection
How do I remove a tick?
Your main aims are to remove the tick promptly, to remove all parts of the tick's body and to prevent it releasing
additional saliva or regurgitating its stomach contents into your bite wound.
- DO start by cleansing the tweezers/tool with antiseptic. After tick removal, cleanse the bite site and the tool with antiseptic.
- DO wash hands thoroughly afterwards.
- DO save the tick in a container in case a doctor asks for evidence that you have been bitten (label it with dateand location).
- DO NOT squeeze the body of the tick, as this may cause the head and body to separate, leaving the head embedded in your skin.
- DO NOT use your fingernails to remove a tick. Infection can enter via any breaks in your skin, e.g. close to the fingernail.
- DO NOT crush the tick's body, as this may cause it to regurgitate its infected stomach contents into the bite wound.
- DO NOT try to burn the tick off, apply petroleum jelly, nail polish or any other chemical. Any of these methods can cause discomfort to the tick, resulting in regurgitation, or saliva release.
Disposing of the tick:
- Be aware that engorged ticks will contain potentially infected blood, which may splatter when crushed.
- Do not crush the tick with your fingers and do not allow the crushed tick or the blood it carried to contact your skin.
- 1 set Remover(including 2 Sizes)
Length: Large 5.2cm; Small 4.8cm
Color: Green, Yellow